Verbal Reasoning Practice Tests: SHL - type Practical Examples With Answers and Explanations
English | 26 Mar 2016 | ASIN: B01DIENM5E | 42 Pages | AZW3 | 2.64 MB
Verbal reasoning tests examine the ability to understand reading comprehension and analyzing verbal information, in order to find desired information.
Another factor, which they check is the speed of reading and ability to make quick decisions. Verbal ability tests are associated with analytical tests, but awarded points have different weights, depending on the department, to which you are applying. In the departments, where the requirement of working with written information is quite high, for example, tax department or business consultancy, points from verbal ability tests have more importance in the total score.
Apparently, these tests, similar to numerical test, are not difficult. However, only few people are aware of the fact that around 50-80% of candidates fail the test! Hence, there is a large discrepancy in the number of individuals, who attempt to solve these tests, and manage to proceed to the next stage of recruitment process, which is usually at an Assessment Center.
Why do so many people fail at the test stage? There are three main reasons:
1. Time factor - usually, tests are made in such a way, that practically, it is impossible to answer all the questions in such a short time - approx. 20 minutes
2. Limited opportunity to prepare for the tests - employers keep their tests a secret and it is not easy to find any related publications, which may prepare an individual for the test, thereby, increasing the chance of passing it and controlling anxiety
3. Aim of the tests - the main aim of the tests is to eliminate the highest possible number of unsuitable candidates before the more costly recruitment step, which is in the Assessment Center.
What to do, in order to be one of these 20% of candidates?
There is only one answer to this question - practice. By practicing, you will gain skills, which will make the real test much easier. It is estimated that you should practice at least 3 complete tests, in conditions similar to the real test.
What exactly do you get in "Verbal reasoning tests - Practical Examples"?
- 5 complete tests in a form, which is the most popular among the largest employers - three of them examine reading comprehension and consist of a series of passages. Several statements are provided under each passage. Each statement has to be reviewed and the decision has to be taken, whether it is false or correct in the context of the given text or whether information contained in the passage does not allow the individual to make a logical decision
- next two tests examine vocabulary and identifying logical connections between the words - in total more than 200 questions
- additionally, it includes a complete set of answers, together with an explanation to difficult questions, so that the progress can be monitored
Imbalanced Learning: Foundations, Algorithms, and Applications 1st Edition
Heidegger and a Hippo Walk Through Those Pearly Gates: Using Philosophy (and Jokes!) to Explore Life
Does the Name Pavlov Ring a Bell?: 879 Hilarious Puns to Test Your Wit
The Linguistics of Stephen King: Layered Language and Meaning in the Fiction
The Stupidest Sports Book of All Time: Hilarious Blunders, Bloopers, Oddities, Quotes, and More from
Friedrich Nietzche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Bennett, Alan - Die Lady im Lieferwagen
Doris Teichler Zallen, D. A. Christie, E. M. Tansey - The Rhesus Factor And Disease Prevention
Alan Seidman - College Student Retention: Formula for Student Success
The Criterion for Distinguishing Legal Opinions from Judicial Rulings and the Administrative Acts of
This site does not store any files on its server. We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Please contact the content providers to delete copyright contents if any and email us, we'll remove relevant links or contents immediately.
Foreign Devils on the Silk Road: The Searc(3123)
Jean d'Ormesson, Un Jour je m'en irai sans(2829)
Say What?: 670 Quotes That Should Never Ha(1913)
Greenhouse Plans: How To Build A Simple, P(1542)
What's Next?: Even Scientists Caní»t Predi(1348)
Dunkirk: The Complete Screenplay With Sele(1339)
The Ultimate Book of Dad Jokes: 1,001+ Pun(1338)
Notes from the Upside Down: An Unofficial (1266)
101 Things That Piss Me Off(1172)
Star wars, episode I incredible cross-sec(1146)
You Do You: How to Be Who You Are and Use (1098)
Life Without Plastic: The Practical Step-b(1078)
Stand by Your Truth: And Then Run for Your(1057)
Miniature Bonsai: The Complete Guide to Su(1012)
Champions of Illusion: The Science Behind (1008)